Artichoke is a plant that is also known as French artichoke or globe artichoke. They look like big flower buds and are edible. It can create an allergy called Artichoke Allergy.
In an artichoke plant, parts such as roots, stem, and leaf are extracted for use. This plant, according to doctors, has a very high amount of chemicals, which is used in many medicines as well.
Many people used the artichoke plant is capable of treating cholesterol, blood pressure, indigestion, bowel problems, etc. And it is also seen that proper and adequate intake can help treat severe medical conditions as well.
While talking about food, the artichoke plant is used to flavor drinks and food items. It is also a natural source of sweeteners such as chlorogenic acid and cynarine.
Table of Contents
Artichoke Allergy -Everything You Must Know:
Common effects of artichoke:
Artichoke is very common nowadays, causing gastric problems, intestine issues, vomiting, nausea, etc. As the artichoke plant is used to make medicines, the heavy intake of this plant can create serious illness, causing liver failure.
How effective is artichoke for treatment?
It is said that due to chemical properties, an artichoke can treat several health issues such as:
- Effective in treating high cholesterol: It is seen that people due to irregular diet habits, stress, tension, excessive eating of junk food are suffering from cholesterol problems. Therefore researchers have found out that intake of artichoke in a moderate amount can help to deal with high-level cholesterol. If taken in proper amount then within 3-9 weeks, desirable improvement in cholesterol levels can be noticed.
- Helping improve digestion: Yes, due to work pressure and casual behavior, we tend to eat outside food or fast food that causes digestive problems. Thus, lousy digestion can further create problems resulting in vomiting, nausea, stomach cramps, stomach pain, flatulence, etc. Accordingly, if a moderate amount of artichoke is consumed, it can efficiently treat the digestive-related problem during 3-4 weeks.
Can you get allergic to artichoke?
Artichokes are considered safe and suitable for human congestion, but yes, there are always exceptions. If people consume artichoke in heavy or maximum quantity, then it can cause an allergic reaction in the human body.
As it is a medicine type, only excessive intake can be hazardous. Researchers have also found out that consumption of artichoke can also make you sickly and divest your hunger craving, raises chances of diarrhea, etc.
Talking about allergic reactions, then in many health supplements, few percentages of an artichoke are found, which can cause allergic symptoms in humans.
People who are generally allergic to plants or flowers such as rose, daisies, marigold, etc., tend to be allergic to artichoke.
Artichoke Allergy symptom:
Is artichoke effective in treating other severe diseases?
Many online articles state that they effectively treat other severe or critical diseases, but, in reality, there is no such evidence to prove it correct. Till date, the artichoke was not able to or profoundly effective in treating:
- Severe blood pressure problems.
- Prolonged diseases.
- A patient with group symptoms such as diabetics, liver dysfunctioning, or heart attack, etc.
- Skin inflammation.
- Remove excess fat from the liver.
- Treating stone issues.
- Moderate to severe diabetic patients.
- Pain in the bladder.
- Snake bites.
- Heart failure.
- Lungs failure.
- Kidney-related diseases.
- A lower level of hemoglobin or red blood cells etc.
Pieces of evidence found state that at lower level intake of artichoke has helped but depending on it solely is not advisable. In many cases, doctors have denied that the usage of artichoke can treat the problems mentioned above.
What are the immediate side effects of taking artichoke [Artichoke Allergy]?
If artichoke is taken via the mouth in a moderate amount under doctor’s consultation, it is proven to be of no harm.
While some people may get allergic to artichoke, the immediate reaction in the human body is seen as nausea, vomiting, and dehydration.
Therefore if you notice any of the symptoms in you, reach your nearest doctors for treatment.
Which situations can worsen up if the artichoke is consumed without consultation?
Many times people tend to read online articles and help forums and take medication without consulting doctors. Thus in the below situation, if the artichoke is taken, the conditions can become worse.
- In case of allergy: Taking artichoke in treating allergy can worsen the person’s condition and give them a further severe allergic reaction. The person taking it to treat allergy mustn’t be allergic to any flowering plant, neither the situation can worsen, causing fatal causality.
- During breastfeeding or pregnancy: Many sources say that taking artichoke during pregnancy or breastfeeding is safe. But doctors state that taking artichoke can not only affect the baby in the womb but also reduces the healthy nutrients present in the mother’s milk. Hence during the lactating period, breastfeeding period or, pregnancy months, medicines without your doctor’s consultation must not be taken.
- Treating obstruction in the bile duct: It is proven that taking artichoke to treat obstruction in the bile duct can worsen the condition by increasing the bile movement or flow. If you are suffering from the same issue, consult a doctor before taking any medication by yourself.
- Treating gallstone: This issue is also faced by many people nowadays. Thus if any person suffering from gallstone takes artichoke, then the bile flow can excessively increase, creating a problem for the person such as vomiting and dehydration.
Thus otherwise, this plant has several benefits, and it also has a high nutritional level. As doctors considered this plant to be a rich fibrous plant, it has elevated vitamin levels such as K and C. Hence; a rich fiber plant can improve intestine health, liver health, kidney health and provide you with instant relief.
Conclusion of Artichoke Allergy:
One can eat artichokes by cooking, baking them, using them as a side dish, boiling them, etc. It is proven to add more health to your daily food habits. But it is also recommended to consult your doctor once if you are allergic to this plant or not.
Therefore if any doubt, you can even ask the doctor for a blood test report and show them your medical history report so that they can gain more understanding about your previous health.